OPTI LION™ Electrolyte Analyzer
Accurate electrolyte results
The OPTI LION™ Electrolyte Analyzer:
- Provides fast accurate results for electrolytes, ionized calcium and pH.
- Runs samples of whole blood, plasma and serum.
- Uses innovative optical technology.
- Requires minimal maintenance—no fluids or electrodes.
Lab-quality results, automated and economical
The OPTI LION™ Electrolyte Analyzer provides lab-quality results with zero standby cost. The single-use consumable is only used during a measurement and safely locks waste inside.
The innovative optical fluorescence technology of the OPTI LION analyzer eliminates electrodes, and its unique sensor construction prevents lipid/protein build-up. In addition, the single-use cassette does not require a fluidics system, eliminating tubing maintenance.
The OPTI LION analyzer has reusable quality-control cassettes to eliminate the cost associated with performing daily liquid quality control.
Measured pH and ionized calcium along with sodium, potassium and chloride
The OPTI LION analyzer measures pH and ionized calcium in the same single-use cartridge that also measures sodium, potassium and chloride simultaneously, providing a more complete picture of the patient’s status.
Technology—Principles of operation
The OPTI LION™ Electrolyte Analyzer is a microprocessor-based instrument that measures optical fluorescence from discreet sensors called optical electrodes (optodes). A disposable, single-use cassette contains all of the elements needed for calibration, sample measurement and waste containment.
Calibration information is loaded into the analyzer automatically when a cassette is read using the bar-code reader. The analyzer performs a calibration verification on all sensors before aspirating the sample into the disposable cassette. The sample is moved across the optode sensors and the fluorescence emission is measured, giving you a reliable reading of the tests you have selected.
OPTI LION single-use cassettes include these features:
- Calibration of cassette before sampling—avoids sample loss
- Test parameters—Na+, K+, Cl–, Ca++ and pH
- Safe disposal—waste is stored in cassette
- Maintenance-free operation—no electrodes
- Zero standby cost—no reagents required
OPTI LION™ analyzer specifications
Typical Cycle Time
Whole blood, serum or plasma
Syringe or sample collection tubes
Password-protected analyzer setup and delete functions
User-definable QC lockout functions
Height x Width x Depth
124 x 362 x 230 mm (4.7 x 14.2 x 9.1 in)
3.6 kg (8 lb)
120 or 240 AC, 50–60 Hz
Power Consumption (max.)
Ethernet and serial (ASTM or ASCII)
CE, UL, IVDD and FDA 510k cleared
A variety of cassettes that are ready for testing exactly what you need.
The OPTI LION™ Electrolyte Analyzer uses ready-to-use single-use cassettes that let you test for a range of parameters:
pH, Na+, K+, Cl–, Ca++
Na+, K+, Cl–
|Sample Type ||Available Units ||Measurement|
|Parameter||Whole Blood||Plasma||Serum||Default||Other||(Default Units)||(Low/High)|
Simple and easy to use
The OPTI LION™ Electrolyte Analyzer is easy to run:
- The user-friendly touch screen, with simple menu navigation, can be used with minimal training.
- Automated sample aspiration reduces preanalytical errors and training.
- Measuring pH allows for a measured and normalized ionized calcium.
Running the OPTI LION analyzer:
- Scan the cassette bar code.
- Open the cassette packaging and place the cassette into the sample measurement chamber and close the cover.
- Attach the aspirating tube.
- Aspirate the sample. When sample aspiration and measurement is complete, the results will automatically appear on the screen.
Questions and answers about the OPTI LION™ Electrolyte Analyzer
The OPTI LION analyzer is virtually maintenance-free. It requires no daily or weekly maintenance.
Yes, the OPTI LION analyzer ensures regulatory compliance by providing a feature for QC lockout. The OPTI LION analyzer also has the ability to store up to 200 programmable user IDs and passwords at the instrument level in order to provide a complete audit trail.
The OPTI LION analyzer allows for easy daily QC using a reusable electronic QC cassette.
Yes, the OPTI LION analyzer has the ability to be interfaced to any laboratory information system (LIS) or hospital information system (HIS) using a built-in serial/RS-232 port.