OPTI® CCA and OPTI CCA-TS Blood Gas and Electrolyte Analyzers
The OPTI® CCA and OPTI CCA-TS Blood Gas and Electrolyte Analyzers:
- Provides fast accurate results for blood gases, acid-base balance, electrolytes, ionized calcium, glucose, BUN and lactate.
- Runs samples of whole blood, plasma and serum on single-use disposable cassettes.
- Uses innovative optical technology.
- Requires minimal maintenance.
Innovative, economical and comprehensive
Innovative optical technology
The OPTI® CCA and OPTI CCA-TS Blood Gas and Electrolyte Analyzers use OPTI Medical’s optical fluorescence technology. This unique, patented technology does not use electrodes or contact points, which eliminates the need for costly electrode maintenance.
Significant cost savings
The OPTI CCA and CCA-TS analyzers provide lab-quality results with zero standby cost. The single-use consumable is only used during a measurement and safely locks waste inside.
Wide operating temperature
The OPTI CCA and CCA-TS analyzers have a measuring chamber heated to 37°C (98.6°F). This allows for a wide operating temperature range to meet the needs of colder environments, such as the operating room.
Comprehensive test menu
To help meet exact testing needs, the OPTI CCA and CCA-TS analyzers have a variety of cassette configurations available. Each cassette comes individually wrapped, in cartons of 25, reducing the potential for consumable waste.
Technology—Principles of operation
The OPTI® CCA/CCA-TS Blood Gas and Electrolyte Analyzers are microprocessor-based instruments that measure optical fluorescence from discreet sensors called optical electrodes (optodes). A disposable, single-use cassette contains all of the elements needed for calibration, sample measurement and waste containment. Specific calibration information from the cassette is read into the analyzer by swiping the cassette package through the bar-code reader. The cassette is then placed into the measurement chamber.
The analyzer warms the cassette to 37.0°C (±0.1°C)/98.6°F (±0.1°F), and it performs a calibration verification on the sensors for PCO2 and PO2 by passing a precision calibration gas mixture across the optode sensors. The pH and electrolyte channels are calibrated with precision buffer solution contained in the cassette. When calibration is verified, the analyzer aspirates the blood sample into the cassette and across the optode sensors. After equilibrating with the blood sample, fluorescence emission is then measured.
The OPTI CCA/CCA-TS single-use patient cassette includes these features:
- Calibration of cassette before sampling—eliminates losing sample if cassette calibration fails
- Long cassette shelf life—6–12 months from the date of manufacture
- Easy and safe maintenance
- Safe disposal—waste is locked in the cassette
- Maintenance-free operation—no electrodes
- Zero standby cost—no reagents required
OPTI® CCA/CCA-TS analyzer specifications
125 µL (60µL for B60 cassette)
Typical Cycle Time
Whole blood, serum or plasma
Optical fluorescence, reflectance
Syringe, capillary or ComfortSampler®
Password-protected analyzer setup and delete functions
User-definable QC lockout functions
Height x Width x Depth
124 x 362 x 230 mm (4.7 x 14.2 x 9.1 in)
5.5 kg (12 lb) with rechargeable battery pack
120 or 240 AC, 50–60 Hz
Power Consumption (max.)
Serial, Ethernet* (*TS only)
CE, UL and IVDD
Ready-to-use single-use cassettes
The OPTI® CCA/CCA-TS Blood Gas and Electrolyte Analyzers use ready-to-use single-use cassettes that let you test for a range of blood gas parameters:
|B-Type||pH, PCO2, PO2, tHb, SO2|
|E-Type||pH, PCO2, PO2, tHb, SO2, Na+, K+|
|E-Ca Type||pH, PCO2, PO2, tHb, SO2, Na+, K+, Ca++|
|E-Cl Type||pH, PCO2, PO2, tHb, SO2, Na+, K+, Cl-|
|E-GLU Type||pH, PCO2, PO2, tHb, SO2, Na+, K+, GLU|
|E-BUN Type*||pH, PCO2, PO2, tHb, SO2, Na+, K+, BUN|
|B-LAC Type*||pH, PO2, tHb, SO2, LAC|
|B60 Type*||pH, PCO2, PO2|
|E-Lyte CCA Type||pH, Na+, K+, Cl–, Ca++|
* Not available on OPTI CCA.
|Parameter||Whole Blood||Plasma||Serum||Default||Other||(Default Units)||(Low/High)|
Blood gas sampling in 3 easy steps
The OPTI® CCA and CCA-TS analyzers are easy to run:
- The user-friendly touch screen, with simple menu navigation, can be used with minimal training.
- Automated sample aspiration reduces staff time and training.
- Heated measuring chamber allows for testing of iced samples.
Running the OPTI CCA and CCA-TS analyzers:
- Scan the cassette bar code.
- Place the cassette into the sample measurement chamber and close the cover.
- Aspirate the sample. When sample aspiration and measurement is complete, the results will automatically appear on the screen.